Did You Know …….
- Libido is our sex drive and can be greatly impacted by stress? Stress being responsible for impotence in men and a lack of sexual desire in both men and women, it can cause this by altering hormonal balance, as well as by impacting on blood circulation.
- Meditation is one of the single most effective tools for combating stress and has been shown to work wonders in countless studies? There are many forms of medication from mindfulness to transcendental. At any rate, it is perhaps best thought of as controlled focus.
- Our metabolism controls our physical state and allows us to use energy from our food? We can be either in states of arousal (catabolic) or in states of calm restoration (anabolic) and these correlates with our states of stress and calm. It is crucial to consider the role of the physiology when trying to understand stress. Source: https://truestressmanagement.com/stress-glossary/
The western healthcare model really appears to be a sick care model. People get paid and rewarded when a person is sick. If you’re sick then you have to keep coming to the doctor’s office and need daily use of prescription drugs, etc. Try to get insurance coverage on alternative practices where people are getting paid to help you maintain your health and it doesn’t happen. Almost all the health insurance providers in Ghana do not cover most alternative health practices, the exceptions so far have been chiropractic health and a few selected psychoanalysis therapies. Even that not all health care providers will cover these. I have made strenuous efforts to partner health insurers to work with LifeWellness Wholistic Center (LWC) in this effort, but no joy.
There is talk about preventive care yet the current medical model gives very few incentives for people to do these types of practices because the insurance won’t pay for it. Despite all our advances and technology, there are more sick people now than ever before.
When the Lord said in the Bible, “…and the fruit thereof shall be for meat and the leaf thereof for medicine,” He meant you should only use herbs and plants to treat your ailments. I hope you follow that advice, because I doubt you’ll ever regret it. I wish you the best of health.” - Dr. John R. Christopher
Preventative care now must become personal care. There are a number of clients of ours who have resolved their perplexing lifestyle health ailments using Thai Yoga Therapy, Nutritional Therapy, Pranic Healing, Chakra therapy, Aqua Foot Detoxification, Herbal Medicine, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) etc. We have such amazing results from our therapies and protocol sessions. In fact, some allopathic doctors are aware of these alternative health options and some have acknowledged the efficacy of these therapies and indeed use them yet the “healthcare” model won’t pay for these types of therapies.
One of the core contributors to health problems is stress. It is a modern-day epidemic. Stress compromises the immune system and creates stagnation in the body. Most people don’t even realize how stressed out their mind and bodies are because it is the new normal. Our lives are fast paced, busy and complex…. stressed. This energy-depleting way of life, chronic stress, leads to anxiety, fatigue, depression and a weakened immune system which in turn escalates to a host of other serious physical and psychological ailments. These problems arise not only from the stress itself but from the ways people handle, or don’t handle, their stress.
I call stress related ailments the spiritual side of sickness. These lie in relationships with oneself, at the work place, nuclear and extended family set ups, higher self, divine self and nature. When there is dissonance in these relationships over time and not addressed they manifest in the physical being as symptoms which the conventional medical community tries to resolve. In other words, they treat symptoms not the cause.
LifeWellness’ whole philosophy to natural healing is going to the core. You will not find that type of support in the western healthcare model. In ancient China doctors where paid to keep people healthy. There’s a saying in Chinese medicine, “Don’t dig a well when you are dying of thirst, do so beforehand.” That is the perspective that LifeWellness Wholistic Centre focuses on, teach people prevention.
A little energy cultivation and stress clearing each day is an easy way to do preventative self-care, your entire system will become much more resilient and strong. The practice I like to use is a combination of exercises, pranic breathing and meditation on twin hearts and transcendental meditation.. I focus on my health while I am healthy. Pranic breathing and meditation on twin hearts can be translated as “breathing exercise” or “energy work.” Chi, life force energy, gives our blood the energy to flow and nourish our cells; it powers our immune system, our digestion and our nervous system. Chi is the power behind mental clarity; it is our batteries to life. It switches our autonomic nervous system from the stressed induced fight or flight sympathetic branch to the restorative healing mode of the parasympathetic branch where we have feelings of pleasure and harmony.
Breathing exercises learned from Pranic Healing will teach you that healing “Breathing and related exercises are one hundred times more effective as medical therapy than any drug.” so says a Qing dynasty Tao master Shen Chia-shu. Deep breathing brings oxygen and flow to the blood and therefore every cell of the body, creating balance and health to your physical as well as emotional well-being.”
I would like to share with you just four simple ways to manage stress and keep your health at an optimal level. This can be done every day, even several times a day. These techniques are time tested and work, they can’t be patented, packaged, sold or turned into a pill and you don’t have to dish out mega cedis or have insurance payments to receive the benefits. This is true healthcare.
- Wave Breathing: Bring one hand on the abdomen and one hand to the chest. Inhale all the way into your belly first, and then allow the breath to come all the way to the chest. Inhale belly, ribs, and chest. Exhale all the way out, chest, ribs, belly. Repeat for 30 seconds to a minute. Feel old energy leaving on the exhale and new energy coming in on the inhale.
- 4-7-8 Breathing:This is a deep breathing technique that is used in order to treat anxiety, as well as to treat insomnia. It is said to help some people get to sleep in as little as 60 seconds. Breathe in through the nose quietly and blow air out forcefully to make a whoosh noise. Breathe out for four seconds, then hold the breath for seven seconds and then exhale completely for eight. Repeat 2-4 times.
- Super Brain Yoga: Is a simple and effective technique to energize and recharge the brain. It is based on the principles of subtle energy and ear acupuncture. This powerful technique is explained in Master Choa Kok Sui's latest book Superbrain Yoga®. Watch the technique in YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwhpF9iJSs)
- Aromatherapy:Aromatherapy is a form of therapy that utilizes scents in order to try and calm nerves and make you feel at ease. Aromatherapy often uses scented oils (essential oils) such as bergamot, lemon and eucalyptus, many of which have been shown to raise levels of feel good hormones such as serotonin.
For the exercise addicts you may consider bouncing on the Cellerciser. Don't Exercise, Cellercise®!
Why Cellercise?® Cellercise® flexes ALL 75 TRILLION CELLS at the same time! Even better, it requires only 10 minutes a day! Cellercise® is Dave Hall's unique name for exercise that applies weight and movement to every cell causing the entire body, it’s parts and functions to become stronger, more flexible and healthier. Cellercise® works because all body parts and functions are made up of cells. Cellercise® exercises more than just muscles. Every cell is exercised - including internal organs, veins, capillaries, bones, connective tissue and skin. They are toned, cleansed and strengthened. http://www.snh.cc/Cellerciser.html
The important message is to be active in your preventative care and lower your stress levels. Pranic Healing is just one way. Yoga, Walking, Chakra Healing, Therapeutic Massages, Being in Nature, Studying the word of God, and Meditation to name just a few, are ways to lower stress and take care of your health. Our current western medical system isn’t going to do it for you.
Walk into your divine presence, you are light, you are energy. I honour the divine in you all!
Credits: Mishelle Knuteson, M.H. is a Thai Yoga Therapy practitioner, teaches Chi Gong practices, is certified in Rapid Eye Technology (RET) an emotional release therapy, and a Master Herbalist for Change.