Did You Know.....
Colon Cleansing can help improve your body’s overall health and wellness, and may even reduce your risks for colon cancer?
1. MAKES THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM MORE EFFECTIVE
2. MAINTAINS REGULARITY AND PREVENTS CONSTIPATION
3. INCREASES ENERGY
4. INCREASES THE BODY'S ABSORPTION OF VITAMINS AND NUTRIENTS
5. IMPROVES CONCENTRATION
6. KICK-STARTS WEIGHT LOSS
7. DECREASES RISK OF COLON CANCER
8. INCREASES FERTILITY
9. MAINTAINS PH BALANCE IN THE BLOODSTREAM
10. IMPROVES WHOLE-BODY WELL-BEING
Being a colon therapist and doctor of naturopathy for many years has provided a wealth of knowledge on colon health. Colon care establishes a healthy body environment, as the saying goes, which many are familiar with, “death begins in the colon”, well, so does health. In maintaining a healthy body environment, there are four essential elements to employ for colon health.
1. Proper hydration is of utmost importance. The suggested daily amount is eight glasses of water. The most important food for our systems is WATER. Water eliminates the vibrational disruption of disease on a subatomic-particle level. The body uses water for the digestion, absorption, tissue building, filtering, cleansing and transporting nutrients. Water dilutes body waste by reducing the waste’s toxicity and aids in excreting the waste from the body. There is no substitute for water.
2. A fiber rich eating lifestyle of fruit, vegetables and grains should be adhered to in order to maintain friendly, easy digestive elimination. Many people suffer from disease due to the excessive intake of animal flesh and heavy starchy food. The body only needs 2 ounces of animal protein per day to provide the body with a complete protein. However, most over consume by eating large amounts of meat daily which clogs the colon. Eating excessive heavy starches creates the risk of developing food related diseases like diabetes, which is near epidemic proportions now due to the centuries of consuming food staples that were not indigenous to Ghana. Cassava, yams and corn were introduced to Ghana by colonialism. Over consumption of heavy starches creates the diseases we have witnessed our family members dying from for decades. A high fiber eating lifestyle of oats, whole wheat, vegetables and fruit, eliminates constipation, heartburn, colon cancer, controls diabetes and heart disease by keeping the digestive musculature intact and well-toned.
3. Internal and external exercise of the body’s core creates homeostasis. External movement we are fully aware of sitting, walking, lifting and the like, keeps the body strong. However, the requirements of internal movement are often never a thought. The circulatory, nervous, lymphatic and digestive systems are the body’s internal movers. Disease develops when these systems become stagnant in any manner. Each system has a direct link of nerve endings in the colon. When the colon is constipated with fecal impaction from animal flesh, heavy starches and toxic waste from processed foods, the stagnation can cause a backup in these systems and create autoimmune disease, digestive system stress, nerve damage, organ degeneration and disease. With this direct colon link to the body’s internal movement, internal exercise should include regular cleansing of the blood stream, nervous and lymphatic systems through detoxing and colon therapy. Colon therapy can be accomplished by using an herbal formula in capsule, oil, tea or food form, or direct and most effective if the body is in a diseased state is through a gentle hydrotherapy colon irrigation. This procedure is done by wellness professionals called colon therapist. This deep cleaning method removes stagnant waste in the colon through a series of therapy sessions. After completing a series, the body loses excess weight, becomes refreshed, improves nutrient absorption, joint and muscle movement improves and the digestive system is no longer clogged.
At LifeWellness Wholistic Center (LWWC) our “Foundation Therapy” balances all internal systems of the body using our colon therapy, massage, juice therapy and plant-based functional meals
4. Rest and relaxation is the final essential element for colon health and wellness. Getting the required 6 – 10 hours of sleep per night has become a bit difficult for the average person. When the body does not get enough rest, the colon goes through a withdrawal phase known as constriction. This is where the walls of the colon begin to close in on itself due to nervous system stress caused by a lack of sleep and adequate relaxation. Taking the time to breathe deeply, meditate, visualize and take a break from the norm is crucial in avoiding colon constriction. The other part of that is sleep. At night the colon, liver, gall bladder and lungs are busy at work cleansing, rebuilding and nourishing the body’s tissue and organs between the hours of 9pm and 7am. Without this rest time the body’s regenerative system suffers from overwork, because it was designed to do this work while the body is at complete rest through the sleep process.
With this peace of knowledge we get a new catch phrase, “Health Begins in the Colon, Too.”
Colon Cleanse, Massage and other Alternative Therapies and Protocols are available by appointment at LifeWellness Wholistic Center
Credit: Dr. Akua Gray and DeBorah B. Rowser, RN. This article is complements of A Life of Peace Journal Volume 1 Issue 3. Dr. Akua Gray, ND is a Doctor of Naturopathy with A Life of Peace Wellness Institute – Ghana and the United States of America and consultant at LifeWellness Wholistic Center.